The Ballarat West Employment Zone (BWEZ) project is a purpose designed and built 438-hectare development adjacent to the Ballarat Airport. Delivered by a partnership between the City of Ballarat and the Victorian Government, the development is creating a high-quality, high-profile industrial precinct to support the future economic growth of Ballarat and the region.
Located just 7km from the Ballarat CBD, the precinct is strategically located with access to all modes of transportation and major arterial routes. The Ports of Melbourne and Geelong are just over an hour away along traffic free highways.
- Roads designed to accommodate B-Triple High Productivity Freight Vehicles (HPFV)
- Access to reliable and competitive development infrastructure including recycled water, gas, three-phase power and the NBN
- High quality entrance and main access boulevard, well landscaped streetscapes with signature signage
- Significant buffers between industrial precincts and other sensitive uses
- A flexible development approach, customised to the land, infrastructure and access requirements of each business.
BWEZ will be further supported by key infrastructure projects including:
- Ballarat Link Road – the final section of Stage 1 was completed and opened in April 2018, connecting BWEZ to Sturt Street in the south and the Western Freeway to the north. Funding is now being sought at a state and federal level for Stage 2 of the project.
- Ballarat Intermodal Freight Hub – 24 hectares of land adjacent to the Ballarat-Ararat Railway Line is proposed to be developed as an Intermodal Freight Hub. Federal Government funding has already been secured and in early 2020 the Victorian Government went out to market seeking expressions of interest from experienced parties to design, develop and operate the terminal component through a lease agreement with VicTrack.
- Energy Precinct – will be available for alternative energy production facilities to support industry at BWEZ and the broader region.
- Ballarat Airport Runway Reinstatement – the City of Ballarat is currently advocating for funding for extension of the north-south runway; an essential infrastructure project that will facilitate commercial growth, ensure year-round access, and improve regional connectivity.
The team can talk to you about BWEZ and other development locations around Ballarat. Call today!
Development Victoria >
Intermodal Freight Hub Expressions of Interest >
Real Commercial Ballarat >